Baked Fried Chicken Recipe
If you’re craving some crispy fried chicken without the extra calories, this baked fried chicken recipe is a healthier alternative that still packs all the flavor. Here’s how to make it:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Chicken pieces (breasts, thighs, legs, or a combination)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix the beaten eggs with the buttermilk.
- In another bowl, combine flour, poultry seasoning, garlic salt, paprika and black pepper and place in a large ziploc bag.
- Place chicken pieces in the bag and shake the bag to coat all pieces.
- Remove chicken and dip each piece in the egg mixture.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the flour mixture once more, shaking off the excess.
- Place the chicken pieces on the lined baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (75°C).
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
This baked fried chicken recipe is a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional fried chicken. By baking instead of frying, you can enjoy the crispy coating without the extra oil and calories. Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!
Leave a Comment