Beef and Macaroni Soup also known as “Cowboy Soup” is made with fresh ground beef and elbow macaroni in addition to mixed vegetables.
This easy Beef and Macaroni Soup use simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry and it’s crowd pleasin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until tender and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink. Drain off excess fat, if necessary.
- Stir in beef stock, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, basil, oregano, thyme and bay leaves.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in macaroni and continue to simmer until pasta is tender, about 10 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaves and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Leave a Comment