Thyme Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Scallion Yogurt Sauce Recipe: A Delicious and Nutritious Side Dish
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy side dish that’s easy to make, you’ll love this recipe for thyme roasted sweet potatoes with scallion yogurt sauce. This dish is full of flavor and nutrients, and it’s perfect for any occasion.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 finely grated garlic clove
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 chopped scallion, including white and green parts
- Preheat your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a sharp knife, make a series of 1/8-inch slices along each potato, slicing 2/3 of the way through.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, olive oil, thyme, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub the mixture all over the potatoes, ensuring that it gets in between the slices.
- Place the potatoes on the baking sheet and roast them for 50 minutes to 1 hour, until the center of the potatoes is tender and the outside is crisp. At the halfway point, remove the potatoes from the oven and use a fork to fan the slices apart, applying light pressure.
- While the potatoes are roasting, prepare the scallion yogurt sauce by mixing the Greek-style yogurt, scallions, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Serve the thyme roasted sweet potatoes with the scallion yogurt sauce on the side and enjoy!
Conclusion: Thyme roasted sweet potatoes with scallion yogurt sauce is a perfect side dish that is both delicious and nutritious. This recipe is simple to make and will be a hit at any gathering. The combination of the sweet potatoes’ natural sweetness and the savory flavors of thyme and garlic will make this dish a crowd-pleaser. Don’t forget to try it out and let your taste buds do the talking!
Leave a Comment