If you’re looking for a classic and easy-to-make side dish, coleslaw is a great option. With its refreshing taste and crisp texture, it’s a perfect accompaniment to any meal. This recipe for creamy coleslaw is sure to impress your guests and leave them wanting more. The combination of sweet and tangy flavors will make this a hit at any barbecue, potluck or family gathering.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups finely chopped cabbage (approx. 1 head)
- 1/4 cup shredded carrot (1 medium carrot)
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- Begin by finely chopping the cabbage and shredding the carrot into small pieces, about the size of rice.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, white vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix until smooth.
- Add the chopped cabbage, shredded carrot and minced onion to the bowl. Mix everything together until the vegetables are coated evenly with the dressing.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight if possible. This will allow the flavors to meld together and for the coleslaw to become creamier.
- Once the coleslaw has chilled, give it a final stir and taste for seasoning. Adjust the salt, pepper, and lemon juice to your liking.
- Serve the creamy coleslaw chilled as a side dish to your favorite main course. Enjoy!
Leave a Comment