Super Soft Croissants: A Delicious and Rewarding Pastry
Super soft croissants are a beloved pastry around the world. With their delicate, flaky layers and rich, buttery flavor, they are the ultimate indulgence for any time of day. While making croissants from scratch can be challenging , the effort is well worth it . The secret to achieving the perfect texture is in the lamination process , which involves folding cold butter into the dough to create thin layers that will puff up during baking . Whether enjoyed plain or filled with your favorite ingredients , freshly baked croissants are a treat like no other . So , if you’re up for a culinary challenge , why not try making your own super soft croissants and indulge in a delicious, rewarding pastry ?
- 100ml (3.4 fl.oz) warm water
- 100g (3.4 oz) flour
- 18g (0.6 oz) sugar
- 10g (0.3 oz) fresh yeast
- 500g (1 pound) flour
- 100g (3.4 oz) sugar
- 70g (2.3 oz) butter, melted
- ½ cup warm milk
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- Room temperature butter for layering
- Egg wash
- In a small bowl, dissolve 18g sugar and crumbled yeast in 100ml warm water. Add 100g flour and stir to form a sticky dough. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together 100g sugar, melted butter, egg, and egg white. Add the yeast paste and leftover 500g flour. Knead until a smooth dough forms.
- Set the dough aside for 1 hour to rise.
- Roll out the dough to form a rectangle. Cut it into 5-6 strips and brush each one with room temperature butter.
- Layer the strips on top of one another and re-roll into a rectangle again.
- Slice the dough into triangles and roll each triangle into a croissant shape. Set aside in a warm place for at least 30 minutes or until the croissants have doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Brush the croissants with egg wash and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the croissants to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy your super soft croissants!